64th INTERNATIONAL SPORT FISHING TOURNAMENT
1. This tournament will be celebrated on November 22nd, 23rd,24th, 25th 2017, and is open to all fishermen who are required to register as contestants, to read, to learn and to understand, all this information, and will be subjects to these rules and decisions of the Judge. The laws, regulations and standards set by federal authorities: FAO (Fisheries Act, its Regulations and the Official Mexican Standard NOM-017-CFSP-1994); SCT through the Port Authority (Navigation Act and Regulations, Nautical Tourism Act and the Official Mexican Standard NOM-034-SCT4-1999); ARMADA DE MEXICO SEMARNAT (Federal Law of the Sea, without prejudice to the powers that apply to other agencies of the Federal Civil Service, State and Municipal. Ignorance of these rules will not excuse any violation of this, and if so, is at your own risk, sanctions will be applied according to the laws of our country and in this regulation. Deportivo de Pesca Manzanillo A.C. reserves the right to sue for fraud and what is with the competent authorities the person or persons seeking access to the prizes offered by means other than those accepted in this regulation.
2. Entries will be open from August 1st this year at our offices located at Playa San Pedrito s / n, Col. Burocrata, Tel / Fax: +52 (314) 332-7399; foreign fishermen may register by depositing the full cost of enrollment in Banco Santander Serfin, No. 65-50082639-2 traditional account in the name of Deportivo de Pesca Manzanillo A.C., and faxing the deposit slip or email: email@example.com along with all your personal data, team name and name of the ship on which he will participate.
3. The registration fee is $35,500.00 Mexican pesos per Team of 4 anglers maximum, and no more than seven fishing rods per boat. The minimum number of team members will be two fishermen. Only cash is accepted in local currency, bank transfer or certified check. Once enrolled in the tournament for any reason registration amount will not be returned or transferable to another team.
4. Prizes: Seven categories will be awarded:
4.1).- LOW TIDE CHAMPION will be appointed to the team that achieves the highest weight of all valid catches of Sailfish, Striped Marlin, Small YFT Tuna (less than 60.00 kg) and Mahi Mahi during the three days of competition. In case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the length of the total catches, and even if the tie persists, the first to arrive with the catches will win.
4.2).- HIGH TIDE CHAMPION will be appointed to the team that achieves the highest weight of all valid catches of Blue Marlin, Black Marlin and Big YFT (more than 60.00 kg) valid for three days of competition. If there is a tie, the tie breaker will be the same rule that apply in low tide and it will be for all the categories.
4.3) .- CATCH & RELEASE Award. Will be appointed to the team with the highest points according to the rules of this categorie, based on the number of releases of sailfish and marlins only. In the case of tie the $25,000.00 mn check will be divided between the winners.
4.4) .- HEAVIEST SAIL FISH OF EACH DAY, a check for $ 25,000.00 mn will be giving away for the heaviest sailfish registered each day. In case of a tie, the longest fish will be the winner. If a tie persists the winner will be decided by the outline. If there is still a tie, the winner will be the fish that was submitted first.
4.5) .- HEAVIEST MARLIN OF THE THREE-DAY TOURNAMENT, a check for $ 50,000.00 mn will be giving away for the MARLIN heaviest registered of the three days tournament. In case of a tie, the longest fish will be the winner. If a tie persists the winner will be decided by the outline. If there is still a tie, the winner will be the fish that was submitted first.
4.6) .- HEAVIEST MAHI MAHI OF THE THREE-DAY TOURNAMENT, a check for $10,000.00 mn for the heaviest Mahi-Mahi registered on the three-day Tournament. In case of a tie, the longest fish will be the winner. If a tie persists the winner will be decided by the outline. If there is still a tie, the winner will be the fish that was submitted first.
4.7) .- HEAVIEST TUNA OF THE THREE-DAY TOURNAMENT, a check for $10,000.00mn for the heaviest Tuna registered on the three-day Tournament. In case of a tie, the longest fish will be the winner. If a tie persists the winner will be decided by the outline. If there is still a tie, the winner will be the fish that was submitted first.
5. When entering the tournament, the fishing teams shall:
a) Submit the Mexican fishing license for each team member.
b) Show the rods to be used and provide sample of your line, it should be nylon monofilament or Dacron up to 80 lbs. maximum resistance, GSP or Spectra lines are accepted, but only as line backing, so a 25m (minimum) top shot of official line is obligatory.
c) Register the boat in which the team will participate
d) Appoint a captainr all the categories.am willrelease of sailfish and marlins onlyide and it will be for all the categories.r all the categories.am willrelease of sailfish and marlins onlyide and it will be for all the categories. for each boat.
6. For safety of the contestant any vessel that does not have radio communication equipment operating on board (VHF and GPS) and cellular phone cannot go fishing. We remind you that the #16 is only for emergencies, the Telecommunications Law prohibits their use for trivial communication between individuals.
7. All boats must comply with the Maritime Safety Certificate; the Harbor Master's officers will do the inspections. Just as your Sport Fishing Log craft services providers. SAGARPA staff recorded daily logs those and after the event must be delivered to such authority.
8. Contestant’s teams must be present on the premises at Marina of Hotel Las Hadas on Wednesday 22nd at 20:30 hrs. to attend the BOARD OF CAPTAINS and sign understanding and acceptance of the rules. Thursday 23rd at 7:00 Morning the official opening by the state and municipal, civil and military authorities. Without exception, all participants and their boats must leave from there and wait until the judge orders to do so. No boat will be allowed to sail from another different place.
9. In order to go fishing, each team will collect from the registration table the "output table" this table is white and numbered. Upon returning, if obtained capture is essential to exchange it for a "red table" for weighing in a boat that is moored nearby and will carry a flag from the Deportivo de Pesca. Teams must present the judge with red table with their catch as proof of their arrival in time to come and record their weight. If the team has not any catch to weigh or release to probe by video it can deliver the output table, either in that boat or the registration desk, but it must be returned in order to notice a good arrival.
10. Fishing is carried out in the open sea near the port of Manzanillo and within the range established by the Law for sport fishing (50 nm). The Organizing Committee under any circumstances is liable for any accidents to the contestants or the boats during the tournament days. Each participant assumes the perils of the sea adventure.
11. To support the conservation of species reserved for sport fishing, species and minimum sizes qualify for registration are: 25 kg for Sailfish, Striped Marlin 30 kg., Blue and Black marlin 80 kg. mahi mahi 10 kg. and Yellow Fin Tuna 10 kg. Any fish weighing less than its minimum weights are not eligible for prices. Any fish weighing less than its minimum sizes are awarded zero points (kilos) and additionally penalized by the weight under the minimum size. Any catches reported as such, must be brought to the scales, if not, the team will be penalized by the whole negative points (kilos) of the minimum size of the species.
12. Catch and release. Every successful catch and release well supported following the video rule #18 counts for the team as follow: 20 points for blue and black marlin; 15 points for the striped marlin; 10 points for the sail fish. The more release kilos, the winner in this category. A catch and release counts touching the leader, well supported by clear video that show the white output table and the release action with the fish swimming away.
13. The catch limits will be followed by those imposed by the Mexican Fisheries Law and its regulations in force. NOM-017-PESC-1994 as follow: only 1 species of SailFish, Striped Marlin, Blue or Black Marlin (per angler), 4 Dorado + 4 Yellow Finn tuna per team per fishing day.
14. The official scale will open at 12:00 hrs. and will close after the last team with red table was weighed . (See rule # 9).
15. The fish should be caught with bait or lure and will approach the boat without more help than the reel and rod, only 4.50 m. of double line be permitted and as many wire or monofilament leader, the sum of the two should not exceed 9.00m.
16. Fish shall be submitted to the careful consideration by biologists appointed by SAGARPA (will be open for review and consideration, for example, that no foreign bodies as bottles, ice, chemicals, stone, metal, etc. or maintained by artificial means such as iced, frozen, pickles, etc.. are present in the fish). If an abnormality is verified will be brought to the tournament judge who will issue its ruling as for weighing ballots are signed or not after the examination.
17. Contestant Teams must report to the board operator for the VHF channel # 22 the following data each time they are fighting some specie:
a) Name of the Fisherman, team name and name of vessel, date and time when working some specie.
b) Latitude-Longitude position.
c) The time the species is boated or released
d) Measure the length in meters of the animal as shown in the diagram. (This requires that each team has on board a tape measure in meters) At the same time, the act of measurement must be filmed.
e)State whether the team decides to release the catch.
f) Please respect the above VHF channel # 22 to complete these reports comfortably and efficiently.
18. In this fishing tournament is as important the catch as the evidence to prove such catch on the basis of this regulation. This rule is important to observe, because if not presented convincing evidence will lose the prize as follows: The contestant teams shall carry at least one digital camcorder to present the video recordings as evidence of trapping should shoot as quickly as possible from the time of the strike, when working, at the time the catch is put on board the boat, and most especially when it gives the corresponding report by radio to the base. The video camera must have SD memory card or Sony memory stick into clean for efficient extraction of the films. NOT accept video footage or photographs taken with cell phone, or videocassette. The committee will thoroughly review each video at the weighing of the catches. If some team has troubles for showing they videos, the judge will await for it up to 19:00 the first two days and at the 18:00 the last day. We recommend bringing a camera more and more of a fully charged battery.
Rule review, you will video recorded the following in every catch or release:
18.1 The fighting action and in special and carefully the boating or release maneuvering.
18.2 The white output table showing its number.
18.3 The measuring maneuvering according rule #17 and the audio of the radio report.
18.4 The fishing rod/gear showing its levels as a checked equipment.
19. The team captain must present the catches for registration to the judge and must:
a) Deliver the SD memory, micro SD or memory stick with the video recordings of the day's catch, which will be copied to your team file to be later analyzed and the memory will be returned back then.
b) Check the entries for weight, length and girth of the fish.
c) Show the rod or rods used in the catch; the judge can required a tensile test on the lines. If a test show an over test line, another two test will perform and the average of these three test will be the final. If over test is proved this way, the catch will be disqualified.
d) Sign your ballot and keep the copy.
20. Reasons for DISQUALIFICATION ARE:
a) Record catches in contravention of these rules.
b) That any person other than a member of the team set the reel drag or maneuver any equipment during the fishing.
c) Pull hand single or double line to bring the fish, as well as use the hook for up to sailfish to the boat.
d) Fighting the animal resting the rod in a rod holders.
e) Shoot, maul, harpooning any fish or fish is injured by the propeller of the boat or bitten by shark.
f) Has on board extra rods, lines and reels to the registered as well as sticks, spears, nets or other equipment is not allowed. Extra hand lines or light rods to catch live bait are not allow.
g) The use of "mop" (lure of silk) and double or triple hooks.
h) No video recording or fishing equipment to test submitted as specified in 18 and 19 of these rules.
i) Failing to report by radio as specified in Rule 17 of these rules.
j) Carrying on the boat people blocked in our tournaments.
k) Continuing fishing after 17:00 hrs.
l) Do not give back the output table.
m) Use or retain on board any hitch system that is launchable, commonly known as "spiders" or "gant"
21. Not reasons for disqualification are:
a) The surface cuts, broken beaks, scratches or cuts caused by the leader or line.
b) Use the gaff or flying gaff into marlin, Dorado and tuna.
c) The mate can hand pull the leader to pull up the fish or the number of people to help get it onto the boat.
d) Using two simple hooks.
22. The judge------will act as Judge and his decision is unnapealable. When a situation not specifically regulated, the opinion of the Judge and the Organizing Committee of Honor and Justice will decide.
23. All catches will be donated to charity associations. If you want to mount any of the samples from the top of each day will be provided with the skin.
24. In case of failure of any vessel or for its slowness cannot reach on time to be weighed and recorded their fishing, the fishing contestant may switch to another vessel to deliver their catches to the judge. And if this helps gets on no time, fishing for both will be disqualified.
25. Any protest or dissent in this tournament must be submitted in writing to the judge accompanied by a deposit of $ 2000.00 Mexican pesos and the limit will be the same day at 19:00 hrs., Which saw the event or reason for it. If the protest is true or false the organizing committee along with the Judge will determine the type of sanction according to the complaint or the whistleblower in cases of false.
If the complain does not proceed the complainant forfeit the deposit. Complains made by drunk people will not be accepted.
26. Prizes that cannot be obtained through the reward system will be owned by Deportivo de Pesca manzanillo, A.C.
27. A reward of $10,000.00 (in inscription bonus) for the one that give us video probes that shows any of the participants breaking any of these rules. We guaranty discretion.
28. The tournament judge can requires the polygraph test for the first places in order to release any of the prizes.
29. The organizing committee has the authority to extend, terminate or shorten the days or hours fished by weather conditions or any other cause of force majeure. According to cases not provided for in these rules shall be resolved by the Organizing Committee and the Judge. These may not be protested by the entrant to any instance or under any circumstances.
- Get your fishing licenses on time.
- Submit your inscription format and payments with weeks or days in advance.
- Submit your fishing gear for inspection before the captains meeting or the previous day..
- Be an early bird and avoid crowds; save time. Registration table is open at 06:00 hrs every day.
Buena Suerte & Buena Pesca !!!!
DEPORTIVO DE PESCA MANZANILLO AC